Saturday 15 May 2010

01

Q: So, who am I?
A: Appearance wise I look like a cousin of yours, akeed. It's what everyone keeps telling me, I swear! I look like everyone here does, I speak like everyone here does, but I tend to shock people when I want to. I work real hard to blend in and not to stand out and I think I've perfected it to the core :p. I love to read, write, bake, take pictures, and shop . Average enough?

Q: What's the purpose of this blog?
A: Teaching me to commit to something and go through with it! I tend to to lose interest pretty fast.


Q: So why Victorian Magnolias?
A:Well , lets start out with the "Victorian part. I'm simply fascinated by the Victorian Era (1837-1901) and everything about it! I love it's "atmosphere", the fashion of that time (corsets and lace need I say more?) it's music, literature, and architecture. Having said that I cannot forget and ignore the fact that the Victorian society was pretty much racist and spoiled, but that aside....

Magnolias on the other hand are ancient trees which known for their beautiful flowers. But thats not where I got Magnolias from .. I mean Magnolias as in Steel Magnolias (1989) starring Dolly Parton, Sally Field ,Shirley Maclaine, and a young Julia Roberts. Even though I love my historical dramas & crime movies I am a SUCKER for chick flicks and this is certainly one of them. I know every line and inflection by heart but that doesn't stop me from watching Steel Magnolias when I'm sick (or in the need to cry).

"He's a real gentleman. I bet he takes the dishes out of the sink before he pees in it."
"Smile! It increases your face value."
"There is no such thing as natural beauty."
"Louie brought his new girlfriend over, and the nicest thing I can say about her is all her tattoos are spelled correctly. "
"I don't like her. I don't trust anyone who does their own hair. I don't think it's natural. "

watch this , skip the first part of the clip and go straight to 00:54, you wont regret it!!



Until Next Time,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment